Saturday, March 31, 2018

Removing the lower unit (Part 2)

I want to inspect the condition of the water impeller so I decided to remove the lower unit again, this time I need to disconnect the shift rod also.

I drained the gear oil but still I'm not sure if this is really needed.
I proceeded as described in the earlier post.

One needs to open fours bolts to detatch the lower unit:
- two bolts that can be opened using 13 mm bolt socket
- one bolt that can ne opened using 17 mm bolt socket
-  one bolt which requires 6 mm allen key to open.

For disconnecting shift rod you need a 4 mm allen key and an 8 mm bolt socket.
The gap is quite narrow so pick your tools accordingly.

When I disconnected the shift rod the lower unit dropped immediately,
it's a good idea to support it somehow!

The bolts holding the lower unit and the bolt linking shift rod.



The front rod was quite rusty.

The water pump case.

The head of the driveshaft was in a good condition.








2 comments:

  1. Thanks allot for this blog! I have the same engine and have alot of use of your pictures, and how you describe this! Do you have ”buy me a beer” service? πŸ˜€πŸΊ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ЗдравствуйтС, подскаТитС поТалуста Π΄ΠΈΠ°ΠΌΠ΅Ρ‚Ρ€ Π²Π°Π»Π° ΠΈ количСство ΡˆΠ»ΠΈΡ†ΠΎΠ²

      Delete