Saturday, April 21, 2018

Model confusion

It was time to do some spring maintenance, the ouboard is running quite roughly in lower rpms so I decided to clean the carburetors.

For my big surprise I noticed that the carburetor model in my outboard is Dellorto OVC 34/30. According to the Selva parts listing Madeira 40 XS should have bigger Dellorto OVC 38/34 carburetors!

My engine cover says 40 XS, as I'm not the first owner of the motor I cannot say for sure if the cover has been changed, highly doubt that. The sticker on the engine states just "MADEIRA" and model is number is 684A. This model number is a little confusing as Madeira 40 model number is S650 and Madeira 40 XS model number is S650D.

Previously when I tried to remove the exhaust separator plate it was not there. I'm starting to think this outboard is Madeira 40 and not Madeira 40 XS. I emailed a question to Selva factory but no answer yet.

Madeira 40 XS should not have Dellorto OVC 34/30 carburetors!

Specs from document "Selva Parts F - MADEIRA 2002-2003.pdf"

Sticker says 40 XS

Sticker on engine says MADEIRA 684A
Some updates:

I found this document which describes Selva Madeira models 2007-2008. Selva has changed model numbers for Madeira outboard possibly already in 2005. So model 684A is Madeira 40, Madeira 40 XS is 684B. That makes me a little sad, need to update the description of this blog!

I'll continue to investigate the differences, it seems that one could convert even Madeira 40 to Madeira 50 but it might not be economically reasonable.






No comments:

Post a Comment