Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Propeller trouble

I need to find more suitable propeller for my Selva Madeira 40 XS as it's revving 5900 rpm with stock propeller. Stock propeller has 3 blades and size is 11.6" x 13".
I first though that propeller is Evinrude/Johnson compatible but it's not.

For some reason you can install Propulse 6901 propeller without problems.
http://propulse.se/butik/propellrar/propeller-6901/
Don't waste your time with Solas Amita 3 for OMC, it does not fit at least
with stock thrust washer, I was not able to put the split pin, propeller height is the problem.

Selva stock propeller





















I was told that my outboard it Yamaha compatible so I bought Solas Amita 11x16" for Yamaha (SOL3311-110-16).

I was able to install this propeller but I needed to remove metal ring on top of thrust washer and place that after propeller.  Then came washer and propeller nut. I used only original parts that came with the outboard.






2 comments:

  1. hi iam from malaysia and have loads of selva old parts..due to close down. do email me if u guys need anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please share your contact details, it's hard to find Selva parts.

      Delete